who we are

a literary culture is any community in which the written and spoken word is recognized for its transformative power.

we are that community.

sure, we like literature. but we also like poetry. and music. and dance. and art. and photography. we like it all, and here we can talk about it all. here, (almost) anything goes.

2.11.2009

poetry/valentines


the poets.org website has poetry-inspired valentines that you can print and cut out to give on valentine's day! sometimes poetry says it best.

http://www.poets.org/viewmedia.php/prmMID/20553

2 comments:

expatriate said...

What do you mean sometimes? Always and everywhere!

Scot said...

Poetry "might" say it best . . . as long as the person reading it DOESN'T know the poem.

Case in point, if I was a woman (which I'm not), and if I understood "To His Coy Mistress" (which I may not), I would be insulted. "I'm your 'mistress'?! Then where's your 'wife'? And what's all this about you wanting to sex me up while the gettin's good?!"

It may not be "insulting" per se, but it would definitely ruin the mood, I think.